For outmaneuvering current test automation solutions, Codeless Test Automation is the next focus area for Agile and DevOps teams. The Codeless Test Automation pairs business users with testing teams to address the current challenges of test automation. As a result, testing becomes a vital part of the entire SDLC, an organization-wide function, and responsibility. Given the scenario, testing leaders and organizations should re-evaluate their test automation tools and couple them with Codeless Automation tools.
As a relatively new concept, testers and their teams are searching for the right Codeless Automation tools. The right codeless test automation tools can help in matching the short iterations of the agile development cycle. We are listing some of our favorite tools for Codeless Test Automation that help testers to get started on the right foot for the Codeless Test Automation journey.
AccelQ is an AI-Powered Codeless Test Automation tool that checks all the boxes of being an ideal solution. AccelQ can automate web, desktop, mainframes, and other applications with minimum time and effort speeding up the testing cycle. AccelQ draws the special attention of testing and Agile teams with its Natural English Coding and Self-Healing Capabilities. It can be integrated with popular and existing DevOps and Quality toolchains to provide a unified view of the complete Quality Engineering lifecycle.
To ensure a true Codeless experience for business users and domain specialists, AccelQ provides a simple and fast-to-develop UI. With features like Natural Language Programming, Intelligent Element Explorer, Extendible & Open Source Alignment, and Automated Test Generation, it is an instant hit among organizations.
- Generates Application blueprint for better visual test designs
- Faster development and lower maintenance with Embedded Frameworks
- Predictive and Path Analysis features for developing test scenarios
- Maximize test coverage with Model UI and Data flows
- Highly scalable and secure for Enterprise usage
- CI ready and Enables in-sprint Automation
Katalon Studio takes the next position on our list. It is a 2020 Customers’ Choice in Software Test Automation and ranked as a Top Automated Software Testing. The recognitions sum up why we have it as a first ranker in our list. Katalon is a popular choice for its wide range of testing capabilities across APIs, Web, Mobile, and Desktop applications. Katalon studio’s features are easy-to-use for beginners and experienced testers.
Katalon comes with a user-friendly interface for business users and testing experts. The record and playback functionalities, drag-and-drop commands, make it a true Codeless test automation tool. Testers can import external testing libraries and let the tool perform the execution, avoiding the need for building a framework from scratch.
- Web, API, mobile, and desktop test automation. Deploy on Windows, MacOS, and Linux
- Comes with built-in project templates, test-case libraries, keywords, and object repositories
- Advanced Business-Driven Development features
- Automatically generate tests based on UI changes
- Able to locate changes in the object and generate tests accordingly
- Supports native plugins for the popular CI tools
- Robust and comprehensive reporting capabilities
- Built-in integrations such as Test Management, Issue Management, Notifications, & Communication
Testim is an end-to-end AI-based testing platform. It solves the two most pressing testing challenges–slow authoring and unstable tests because of fast-paced releases, changes in UI, and other factors. The Dynamic and Smart locators capture any changes in the Application Under Test (AUT) to generate and run tests automatically. Testim uses Machine Learning capabilities to author test, execute, and maintain them. This drastically reduces test creation and execution time by running thousands of tests parallelly. Testim integrates with existing CI/CD and collaboration tools, allowing teams to scale up testing quickly with the existing tool stack.
With fully customized functionality, Testim is like a one-size-fits-all solution. Testim delivers ‘Shift-Left’ by providing the right collaboration format for developers and testers to work on respective branches without overwriting each other’s changes. The platform helps in automating tests in a simple, stable, and collaborative way. As per the users, it checks all the boxes of an ideal codeless testing platform.
- Smart and Dynamic locators to generate tests automatically
- Detailed analysis of failed tests and root-cause analysis for speedy remediation
- Seamless integration with CI/CD tools
- Supports test authoring in three ways–Testim Extension, Coding in IDE, and Record test to export and then change
- Visual test editors for test creation
- Exhaustive test reports and bug checkers for overall test analysis
With the rise in cloud adoption, Agile teams are looking for exclusive cloud-based testing solutions. Cloud QA stands out as a powerful cloud-based codeless test automation platform. The platform claims to be much more than a Record and Playback tool and provides an integrated end-to-end testing experience. The inbuilt reporting tools quickly create and schedules regression testing suites and can develop, build, maintain, and execute tests.
- Built on top of Selenium, a leader in a portable framework for testing web applications
- An end-to-end platform for test creation, editing, maintenance, and even allow reuse of testing components
- Seamless integration with popular Bug Tracking, CI/CD, ALM, Version Control, and other tools
- Works on cloud infrastructure with minimal setup time and efforts
- Cloud QA supports a wide range of web applications and frameworks
- Robust testing features with smart locators and the ability to run thousands of tests parallelly
- Recommended as the price-performance leader with consumption-based pricing, low infrastructure, and personnel requirements
Tricentis’s Tosca MBTA (Model-Based Test Automation) is a popular tool for continuous testing. It supports the entire lifecycle of the test project. TOSCA supports over 160 technologies with over 90% test automation rates reducing maintenance overhead. TOSCA provides a safety net of automated unit, code integration, test management functionalities to enable the testers to wrap up testing with the ongoing development iterations.
Gartner defines TOSCA as “A model-based approach supports test automation at the UI and API layers, service virtualization and exploratory testing. Productivity features such as UI and API scanning enable users to build a test repository with reusable assets that are automatically versioned.”
- Comes with Integrated Test Management, The Graphical User Interface (GUI), Command-Line Interface (CLI), and an Application Programming Interface (API)
- Business-focused users can be engaged with the Model-based approach
- User-friendly interface for writing Automation Test Cases even without programming knowledge
- Reusability features for core test components through various types of testing
READ MORE:Top 10 Codeless Testing Tools in 2021